Thursday, September 4, 2014

U.S. Open Tennis Tournament.....

The tournament is almost over and I wasn't really sure I could even attend this year.... when the Open seemed to be just a subway ride away, I couldn't resist tonight!  John walked with me to the subway station for a #7... a bit further than we anticipated (over the Pulaski Bridge)... then we went our separate ways...... there were no "grounds passes" available this late in the tournament, but I found a sympathetic admissions guard who allowed me to enter anyway...... a big smile and "I had a really long ride to get here" went a long way!   The grounds were very exciting tonight.... lots of activity for the evening match....

Without a ticket for the Arthur Ashe Court this evening, my choices were to watch the big screen or to find a match that went late on an outer court.... luckily there was one of those.... It was senior men's doubles.... more my speed, more my age..... and I knew their names!









No comments:

Post a Comment